Search This Blog

Thursday, March 18, 2010

So What Comes Up at 33?



I have now arrived in my thirty-three years of age. Now come to think of this. I have had my thirty-three years of inhaling air, watching how the sun rises and sets, feeling the coolness of the air when it rains and the humid air when it is 35 degree C/F. Oh wow! not to mention my stay on land, my swimming in the seawater sometimes, the water I gulped and the food I chewed throughout those long years.

If someone would hand me the bills today for enjoying all those things mentioned above, I'm sure I might work for another thirty-three years and yet the money I might have saved is not enough to pay my bills.

Luckily, all those stuff I inhale, intake and enjoy are called blessings, gifts or whatever words used that implies free gifts (why, is there a non-free gift huh?). It's not surprising to know why we often take them for granted.

While no one hand me the bills, I consider the cost is clear. No worries. So is there anything to be concerned of about being 33? Well, my mama has. She firmly believes like all filipino moms do that something must comes up at thirty-three( supposed to be earlier than that). She scribbled two mental lists for me and possibly planning to engrave them into a gold plated copy and hung on my mirror.

The lists go like this (with my added emphasis):  #1 list: Time to marry. Remarks: you have had enough enjoying your single life and in fact, you are overdue with your status. Recommendation: Again, time to marry someone!


(my younger sis and husband bambi)


#2 list: Time to have kids. Remarks: you have had enough time for your niece and nephew, in fact strangers mistaken you the mom of those kids. Recommendation: Again, time to have kids of your own!


(my elder sis with her kids pearl and jo-i)


Now who said the cost is clear? Hmmm...okay, I think it's time to consider it now. But wait a minute, is being thirty and above supposed to be easier than few years earlier? Why I've got an urgent memo now to answer the issue within 24 hours? Aha, sounds like my "age" culture came into the scene.

 Well anyway, I made it a point now to myself not to be vulnerably affected by this urgent call from worried mama. Honestly, she is more worried than me because she sees I am not worried, which means I won't take action on this matter immediately.

Why hurry? Only fools rush in, as the song goes on. Now let's be honest to this issue. Given the fact that I have not found yet the right guy to marry, there is nothing I can do at this moment, (uh oh...gottcha!). Although a handful guys showed interests to, it does not mean I should jump in for the sake of our culture dictation. (Filipina women are you listening?)

So what am I supposed to do now? Nothing. Just sit back and relax. Because there is a right time for everything to happen under the sun. Each present moment unfold its own miracle and beauty of life. Who would believe that one of these days, that miracle happens to be my soulmate out there waiting his right time to be a part of the moment and forever with me that I am enjoying one day at a time.

1 comment:

  1. hii really you are such an inspiring person..!!keep going...!!

    ReplyDelete